Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sew Christmas

Around this time of the year with the cool air and the coziness of the long evenings,  I find myself browsing through  Christmas quilt books and magazines.
Sometimes just the pictures in my head materialize into a project, as is the case with this table runner.    

 Machine appliquéd poinsettias  

 Another simple one, machine embroidered  

This wall hanging of the Nativity I made for a silent auction at a fund raiser  
for my late Brother-in-law's Foundation 
Gilles Boudreau and Friends Cancer Help Fund.


 The guild had the privilege of having 
Suzanne from It's Sew Time come do a workshop on Saturday.  What a fun day we all had. The project was 
a Cathedral Window Table runner 
And she brought  

all kinds of gorgeous fabric from her shop for us to choose. "Shopping at home; does not get better than this"  
Suzanne  had a wonderful assistant, Christine  to teach the  class  
Here she is passing on her instructions to my sister, Simone.

And here is 
 my finished version of the Cathedral Window table runner ! 

I love the star around
                                      the Cathedral Window.
Next week-end is off to Amherst for the Fibre Arts Festival and the Karen Neary workshop on "Free Motion Feathers Workshop". My friend, Elaine and Sister Simone enjoy the time spent together at this event and this year there is an added bonus with the  new quilt shop in town Mrs Pugsley's Emporium 
 Beth, the owner has a "Show and Tell"  planned for Friday evening. What a way to get the quilters together! 
Happy sewing... 

2 comments:

  1. My mind has turned to Christmas also. It seems like we barely get into fall decorating and we have to start thinking about getting things made for the Christmas holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cathedral windows! Very pretty. I'm not ready to give up on summer yet, although the weather the last couple of days has certainly been fall-ish.

    ReplyDelete