Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Saturday, January 18, 2014

More "goings" on....

The decorations are all put away. There is always that special gift  you hate to tie up in a box until next year. 
This is the one for me.  

A beautiful cushion made by my friend Elaine . I  displayed this cushion on my couch over the holidays and I had a difficult time to keep people from snuggling up with it (: 
 I love the felt poinsettia♥ 

Remember the tea towel exchange we had at the Guild's Christmas party? I couldn't show you the tea towel I had decorated for fear the members would see it before the party.Here it is!  
The rings are for a dowel; it is a wall hanging.  

Member Simone was the recipient of it. 

So 2014 is up and running and it is not looking like there will be too much down time when it comes to the guild's events and activities. 
The waiting list continues to grow and the members remain faithful  to sharing the many talents they have been given in the art of quilting .

As for my projects ;
I am seeing that the end of the BOM, Spring Bouquet from Keepsake Quilting  is near.  
1¼ inch squares are all cut 
and the first border is on. 

I received the quilt I am donating for the church lottery from the quilter 

Hand quilted by Nadine Belliveau who did a super job on this King size quilt. 
Design, "Pinwheel in my Garden"  by Kansas Trouble
Fabric:   
               Wiscasset by Minick & Simpson for Moda Fabrics


My sewing machine is running full swing as I work on a UFO.  
 Bargello quilt 
 I am at the cutting stage and I must admit it is not my favorite part of this project.
 So today it is off to the guild for an all day sewing workshop where we will be making aprons. 

Doesn't get better that this! 

1 comment:

  1. The Poinsettia Pillow is stunning. I'm sure it added much elegance to your Christmas decor! Bet it was difficult to box it up and put it away! Your wallhanging is very cleverly displayed. I wouldn't have thought to use rings to hang one with! And oh, my goodness, that quilt is beautiful!! I haven't made a king size quilt in years! The winner will be absolutely delighted!!

    ReplyDelete