Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Having fun with wool!

When I first saw the wool appliqué projects, I said," Oh I don't think it is something I will get into. It is a bit too country looking for me." Well I must admit I have to eat my words because I am enjoying the appliqué with wool. I still see it as a primitive look but my daughters décors fit this category.
My first attraction was the quilt
 " Words To Live By "
 And I ordered the BOM from Primitive Gathering  
Here is Block # 2 
Loyalty 
Of course once the block is finished you have to wait till the next month so I found this cute cushion pattern  
 made with wool appliqué 
in the Spring 2014  Primitive Quilts  Magazine.

I am also on roll with Place-mats  
Using the machine embroidery and layer cakes in my stash I am having fun   
trying out new designs.

 Spirals 

Once in a while I like to venture away from large quilt projects and these place-mats are perfect projects for now.  


The guild's activities are winding down and the preparations have started for the
Quilt -Expo-Couvertes  
which will take place the week of July 28 to August 1. 

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I resisted wool for awhile, too, but now i LOVE it! I just got home from our guild's Quilt Show, and I was told there was an excellent wool vendor in attendance, but apparently they packed up and left at the end of the day yesterday!! I was so disappointed. Oh well, I still managed to spend some money on pretty fabric. Have fun with your show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Joan! That is an amazing quilt. I will be watching your progress. I have only made a small project, a pincushion, from wool. I enjoyed working with it. Love the embroidery on your placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are on a wool highway! Lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Loyalty block looks great Joan. And I love that little cushion! I think maybe you're hooked on wool appliqué! :)

    ReplyDelete