Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

More from the Quilt Show

From July 29 to August 15th we celebrate the Acadian culture and our history of survival with our Acadian Festival, and the Quilt Show is one of the events in the Festival. A young couple is chosen every year to represent Evangeline and Gabriel ( Evangeline: A Tale of Acadie ) Today they were amongst the visitors . The quilt behind them has the Canadian and Acadian flag. Designed by a quilter in the area. Beautiful Lone Stars.. (which I must say are one of my favorite design)

The quilter calls this one Kaleidoscope circles.....

I am having a wonderful time at the quilt show. It is a lot to organize but all worth it as you see how people from everywhere are coming in to enjoy the beautiful work done by the quilters in our community. This evening I met wonderful gals from Minnesota, Louisiana, and New York. I shared with them the fun we have connecting with quilters on line and the Charming Girls Quilt club. Fun! Fun! Fun!

3 comments:

  1. Just AMAZING!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ps...I LOVE your jelly rolls! (smiling)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. Love them - Kaleidoscope Circles is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan! I've posted a picture of my quilt earlier on my blog. This is the link for it! http://darlenedeon.blogspot.com/2010/06/change-is-good.html And this is my email address, can we exchange please! dadeon@eastlink.ca

    ReplyDelete