Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Sunday, January 22, 2012

All Done

The quilt for the church lottery is all done and the tickets are ready to go on sale.


I signed up for ;
and I made a few pot holders for hostess gifts ...A Moda Bake Shop pattern



This was the one my friend Elaine thought at the Guild this week-end
The Fancy Folded Star......This pattern you will also find on Moda Bake Shop


and I made an embroidery one with my daughter Liette in mind as she collects birdhouses.. Perfect to put in her stocking...



I am now getting ready for a new project and I am going to try a new technique...




Trapunto.

It is bugging me to try this and now is the time. If anyone has any tips I would love to hear from you. Do you always use water soluble thread? I would like to skip the step where you wash your quilt to dissolve the thread. I am thinking I could stipple over the threads that outlines the "motif" (pattern) as I did in Karen's class of free motion. ???

A new challenge... How exciting!



10 comments:

  1. Totally. Your approach is the one that makes sense to me, I dispense with the water soluable thread. As you say...you stitch over it anyhow :) Have fun, trapunto is gorgeous and adds great definition to your quilting. You may find that two layers of batting gives the same effect with way less trouble...but it's good for you to try and see which way you like best. We know whatever you do will be beautiful :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and potholders.
    Good luck with the trapunto - something I have been wanting to try, so I will be interested to hear how it goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt turned out beautifully. You've made a great start to Christmas gifts for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet from Quiltsalott did a trapunto tutorial a while back. May not be the kind you want to do but interesting.
    http://quiltsalott.blogspot.com/2011/03/trapunto-by-hand.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lottery quilt is beautiful. The pot holders are lovely. I like the bird house one. Pot holders are good presents though my mum says the ones I gave her for last Christmas are too pretty to get dirty so she uses one as a little table mat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Quilt and pot holders. Cute birdhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your potholders are great. The birdhouse is gorgeous, and your quilting on it is stunning, I am sure your daughter will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty quilt and wonderful potholdes. So nice to have you join in with Christmas Through The Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is fantastic! I love the potholder idea for presents, yours are wonderful (love the birdhouse one especially! Thanks for the ideas and inspiration! Hugs, Mickie

    ReplyDelete