Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Trapunto

I did it!
 tried several techniques but Karen Neary saved the day. I found some of the instructions tidiest and not very much fun. The instructions I got from Karen make trapunto fun and not so challenging or time consuming. Thanks Karen...
Now off to do a bigger piece...as I always say and
 Kelly  knows me to use this phrase!
 "Go big or stay home" ..


La Guilde Acadienne de Clare is one year old! It is hard to believe ! So many wonderful things have happened with so many beautiful women. As I said at the meeting Wednesday ... "our hearts were filled with warmth every Wednesday as we gathered to exchange ideas on the wonderful art of quilting .
Quilting is the miracle of giving new life and purpose to fabric scraps. It can rejuvenate one's spiritual life, too, so you can imagine the spirituality that came through with the gathering of 76 women.




Now the guild is  preparing  to journey to:

the Quilt Canada 2012 in Halifax NS
in May on a bus tour... Fun!


May all your ups and downs in life be with a needle and thread.


8 comments:

  1. Your trapunto is beautiful!! Job well done, you brave soul. So glad you ladies are going to Halifax. It looks like it's going to be a great time! I've thought about going, but the truth to the matter is, it's just too big for someone of my nature. Still, it's a long time until then, and I could change my mind! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trapunto really is beautiful! that's something I haven't tried yet. Your Guild is such a wonderful success story. Do you meet every week? Ours in monthly, and I think weekly would be so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great trapunto!!
    Congratulations on your one year guild anniversary - time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you found a way to accomplish the trapunto. A beautiful pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Joan - I love it, just love it! I knew you would do a wonderful job! And, a Happy, Happy Birthday to your guild! You are blessing so many women with your time and talent - sending you a big hug, hopin' you know how proud I am of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joan, that piece is LOVELY. You've moved on to feathers - wow!! Kelly's comment above really says it all - I'm proud of you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your sweetie!!!!

    Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete