Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Friday, October 5, 2012

Ready to go...

My preparation for the Roundabout Workshop at The Nova Scotia Arts Festival   by Karen Neary is done and my suitcase is almost packed. 
Road Trip and a fun week-end in Amherst. Looking forward to the workshop and the Fibre Arts Festival. Besides my sister Simone and friend Elaine, there will be a few other Guild members attending Karen's workshop this year. I am sooo looking forward to them meeting Karen .

I have been sewing regularly but mostly finishing projects. I am quilting Liette's placemats. Eeek... 12 same projects to do. That is why I am not fond of making placemats.

I made this table topper from a Fons and Porter magazine, Quilting Celebrations Winter 2012
   

Brilliant Baubles 
    Today one of the Guild's members, Louisette and I went in the school in Saulnierville to introduce the program for the kids sewing.  We will be going to teach them how to quilt at all levels. They were all excited to hear about our plan to teach them to make quilting projects. This will be part of their art class.  

Keeping the art of quilting alive.......


1 comment:

  1. Love the colours you have started with. My sewing machine has begun the journey to NS in the trunk of my buddy's car but I will be following on a flight on Tuesday with a little touring around before arriving with my friend on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting you (and Karen as well) as I have enjoyed your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete