Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September All Gone

and where did it go? 
The weather is warmer than most evenings in the summer and the winter clothes are on hold.
The guild is back up and running and the membership is still capped at 100.
We had our first week-end sewing retreat. Friday evening and all day Saturday sewing a  
Beatle Bag  pattern by "Abby Lane" http://www.abbeylanequilts.com/beatlebag.html 

 with teacher... my sister Simone Cooper who did a fantastic job
Here is 
 the inside of my bag all done .. and the outside  
All ready for to be "on the go" with the tools and gadgets for all my projects. 
Here is the gang who 
                           were at the sewing retreat.. ready to open                                          that pattern and get going on a fun project .

My birthday happened to be on that Saturday and here is the gift from my Sister Simone  

I love it!  Perfect on my table,

There is excitement in Nova Scotia because "Sunny"  from: http://sunnyquiltingdreams.blogspot.ca/ a blogger friend, is 
visiting this beautiful province of ours....  and I am planning on meeting her in Digby sometimes this week-end! 
I bet you we will both blog about it! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joan! Your retreat looks like such a fun time and your Beatle Bag is awesome! Lucky you to receive such an amazing birthday gift from your talented Sister. Happy Belated Birthday!
    I hope Sunny has good weather while she visits your end of the province. I know she will enjoy the scenery. It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your retreat looks like a lot of fun, and I love the bags you made! We spent a fabulous day on Cape Breton today. What we thought would be a day trip is turning into 3 days. Tomorrow we'll start heading towards Halifax and see how far we get. As far as "this beautiful province of yours", I'd move here in a heartbeat! It really is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete