Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Crack open the bright colored fabric bundles...

This was the scene yesterday morning   

from my front door and dining room windows. Carol from http://brownquilts4me.blogspot.ca a fellow blogger had posted a lovely view from her foyer window on FB  of her Forsythia all in bloom and this is the view I shared with her.
I heard it was the worst storm yet this year for Nova Scotia... Everything was closed.  
I connected with my kids and grand-kids who are in Dominican Republic, it not only warmed my heart to see them all tanned but made me desire "brightness" . 
So I found the brightest of fabrics in my stash 




and sewed on these place-mats.





I will be using these on my table for my Easter Brunch. We most likely will still have snow on the ground but the table will be bright and the company as well.  




I started my new quilt from Laundry Basket Quilts 
The July block in the book is American but on the  website Edyta has the Canadian version. Thank you Edyta Sitar. 


This is a beauty 


I prepared my first block ( which is the last one in the book) the December one. Yes another appliqué quilt. I guess that is my passion. I will be machine appliquéing this one.

So the winter lingers but it was cozy and bright in my
sewing room  yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment