Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Saturday, April 4, 2015

and the rain must fall....

The snow is finally disappearing .... and the grass is peeking through the drifts. 
Easter brings new life 
 
May you have the Gladness of Easter which is Hope
The Promise of Easter which is Peace 
and the Spirit of Easter which  is Love.

And for me I find serenity in my sewing..
Lots of this scheduled to happen both in the quiet of my sewing room and at the Guild.

On April 11th the guild will celebrate its 4th anniversary with an Open House. Lunch, "Rappie Pie" (the famous Acadian dish) will be served. We will have a display and tutorials of various quilting  projects as well as quilts in the frames for guests to come and hand quilt. A fun day for certain....

 at last years' Open House. 
        our Juniors were hand quilting .      
  
Then we move on to April 25th with an exciting workshop scheduled with Darlene d'Eon from

Needle Pulling Tread. 

In Digby Nova Scotia
  
This is a beautiful little quilt shop..... the eye candy in there leaves you speechless. 
We are so happy to have Darlene come and teach us a wool appliqué project.

 Members have a choice 
 #1 This is a beautiful project to celebrate our Canadian flag's 50th birthday .

And #2  this little quilt .. 
                      which gives us hope that spring is finally here. 
And that is not all Darlene will be bringing her shop to the hall where we meet for a full day of shopping.
                Members are sooo looking forward to this event...  
                                        Oh! what a party!  

                                  More bags ...  
                     I just finished this bag last evening for a friend of mine... Doesn't it just spell out spring?

 I am certain my readers can read the underlying message that I have had it with the snow...oh! well we survived the harsh winter. We could have had a lot worst. 

More fun events to come and more finished UFO's  which I will post later .... 

Happy Sewing!  

1 comment:

  1. Love the beautiful bag! Definitely makes me think of Spring. I wish I could come to your OPen House, but that's a little too far to drive. Have fun, and say Hello to Darlene from me!

    ReplyDelete