Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Monday, August 3, 2015

and the show continues

here on my blog but closed for another year at 4:00 pm Friday after a very successful week!, .. 
Elaine Melanson's twin quilts 
  
 And purple takes the show with this Twin 
 Bright and turquoise would brighten any room with this twin 
 And Frozen was at the show


 This next one is very special... My sister-in-law, Melina, made it with her late husband's work shirts 
 Gilles Boudreau passed away at the young age of 49 of a brain tumor. He was a Shepard and his favorite shirts now comforts his family members. 


Can't have a show without John ...
 John Deere that is  
 Some of the many articles for sale at the Guild's store 
 This beauty by member Lennie 
 All of these are from Shanna of Komet Quilting 
 A mini by member Denise .. absolutely gorgeous
And we had to have non-other than  
 Thomas 
 All these lap quilts are so inviting.... with a good book 
 member Marilyn and her dog tell a story 
 Appliqué some more by member Elise 
 The church is full and our visitors loved them all... 
These last two were my entries.. Spring Garden Bouquet and Family tree by Laundry Basket 

The show is all over for another year and I want to thank everyone who helped put on a fantastic display of works of art.. 

Thank you to the many guild members who volunteered many hours to set up, to greet the visitors and the close the show. 
A very special Merci! to members Denise and Simone for all the work they do with the Guild's shop... Our many hours of preparing projects for the sale paid off  and gratitude is extended to the members who helped run the shop all week 
And last but not least... Merci/ Thank you to the many friends who brought their wonderful quilts to the show to be displayed. without you there would be NO show!  

Now I would like to clarify something that was brought forth by quite a few visitors... 
"Why do we do not have a juried show"? 

I have always enjoyed making quilts and have no intentions of entering in any competition. I carry this sentiment into the Expo-Quilt Show at Sacré-Coeur church. All the quilts that were displayed in that  church all week deserve a ribbon of the highest standard. Everyone has a unique taste when it comes to quilts and that is what makes an interesting show and a very special work of art. Every quilt is special and will only be judged by the people who made them. The colors and patterns may not be to everyone's taste but the craftsmanship is unique to the individual and I saw nothing but perfectionism in all the quilts there this week.   

The show was very successful with an attendance of about 
200 or more visitors per day.  
:) 
   Thank you for coming to support us.
God Bless ♥ 

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing your pictures so that I can get the feeling of being there Joan. And I just had good news that next year I can be as my husband and I will be moving to NS very soon. I have to say, it has been the friendliness of my favourite quilting bloggers that tipped my decision to make this change. I can hardly wait to see how your plans evolve for 2016.

    ReplyDelete