Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Friday, June 26, 2009

Stars Around the garden









The quilting is all done and it is out of the frames.






The quitling was done by 70 year old women who is very busy hand quilting quilts in the community. It is obvious why she is in demand! Gorgeous!





The binding is ready!

















The Huskqvarna Platinum 750 is put to work with that wonderful........ "walking foot".















The clips are on the binding and the lap work is ready to be done!









  • One always remembers where they were when they learnt about an extraordinary event. As I sat in my favourite chair to finish sewing the binding, the news came on that Michel Jackson had passed away.







The quilt is labeled ... The year is indicative of the year the Block of The Month was started.... January of 2008.





"V o i l à !"


Stars Around The Garden
As mentioned this was a BOM which my sister
and I made together.
I guess this quilt will always have a memory of Micheal Jackson attached to it.

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Joan, you do exceptional work! The hand-quilting is really lovely too. I hope I can quilt that nicely at 70.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just lovely, Joan! I wish I had the patience for such intricate work! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete