Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September projects for the CGQC

Well I survived August with all the special family events (which were all wonderful) and was able to complete my UFOs for the Charming Girls Club.


http://cottoncharmquilts.typepad.com/charmingchatter/


September; a very special month, this is my birthday month and the number is a big one. Oh! but I have so much to be grateful for...and I am not going to dwell on the number. What's a number? Right?

For my September projects I have choosen :


#1 project is almost finished...

Rolling Stars by Whistlepig Creek is the first. This is a fun pattern to do...I choose the fabric Cause for the Cure, "Tradition" by Howard Marcus ( fat quarters of this fabric are on sale at Cotton Charm Quilt Shoppe) http://www.cottoncharm.com/The top is all doneThe border is on.... So it is ready for the quilter.... which I will bring to Agnes to hand quilt . There are very few long arm quitlers in my area (Only 1 that I know ). I must admit I have been thinking of maybe getting into it but I am very fond of the hand quilting and I want to hand quilt one hopefully this winter. I have been practicing on a smaller quilt. What an art! When I get one in the frames I will invite all the Charming Girls to come over and join in a quilting bee ... there would be lots of sewing, sharing and of course good food......wouldn't that be fun? Oh well we will connect via blog world. It is all so exciting to see everyone's chosen projects. I am looking forward to seeing all the finished projects.

#2 project... a table runner for fall. Pattern is "Twist and Turn" and the fabric comes from my stash.#3 This pattern was a great interest to me so I decided to do a few blocks on the week-end to see how it would turn out. It is made with Batiks but I did not use Batiks for my piece. I used my stash as I am not going to make a big quilt . It will be a table topper or a lap.#4 I had extra blocks from my "Rolling Stars" so I am going to finish this into a table topper as wellI am going to appliqué all around


#5 project is called "In the Meadow" and I used the Cause for the Cure "Heritage" . It is ready to be quilted, so off to Agnes it will go and then I will be binding it. The UFO basket is almost empty but the projects are pilling up in my mind as fall approaches which is a good time to settle in with the sewing machine and fabric....
So these are my selections for the month of September for the Charming Girls Club.... Looking forward to everyone's support in reaching my goals and supporting everyone with theirs. Happy quilting !♥♥♥

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You are very ambitious! Here I am thinking that I can obly do one project this month! Good luck on getting them all done. Your work and your colour choices are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, I love your list! You are just so dog-gone talented!!! I enjoy seeing your work. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love all of your choices. I cannot wait to see them. I have seen that table runner done in my LQS on display. I cannot wait to see your colorway. Love the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Joan,
    You're going to be really busy. I love all you projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful September projects! Have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Joan -- so many lovely projects to work on this month. I don't know how you manage it all, but I sure do enjoy drooling over all of your gorgeous projects -- lucky for you -- it's just on the computer screen (giggle).

    ReplyDelete