Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Saturday, February 6, 2010

What's happening in the


Wow! it so exciting to see all the new projects which will be coming our way in February... what an enormous amount of talent we have in this club! Thank you for your comments on the link and I would like to say that for those who do not have blogs they need our support too so you can leave comments on the post where I have posted Elizabeth's February goals . I hope everyone is busy in their spare time visiting the CG&G's blogs and supporting the members by leaving encouraging comments. As Kelly and I have mentioned many times the club is about supporting each other and this is the only recommendations for joining the club. Whenever I log onto my blog I look forward to seeing who has left a comment in support of my post, and ultimately it makes me connect with that person either through her blog or e-mail. That is what a community is all about and that is the goal Kelly inspired when she started the club. I compliment those who make an effort to honor her wish. I know life is busy so if you find yourself not able to participate in the club for a while would you let Kelly or I know that you will be away? There are a lot of requests from others to join and because of the high number of members we have to decline their admission so if anyone is finding there is no time to participate would you let us know?

So here is what's happening on this end:

Speaking of connecting; yesterday Kelly and I sewed together in our respective sewing quarters.... Oh what fun ! We connected on Skype.... How wonderful it was to share projects and ideas but more importantly to see her smiling face..this is one of the project I worked on, but for the most part we worked on appliqués pieces. New technology is amazing.....no bad weather could keep me from visiting my friend miles away!

13 comments:

  1. WOW, that is so cool that you guys were able to connect that way! I bet you had a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time! I'm a relatively new quilter, and don't have many quilty friends yet, so I find myself looking to many of the blogs of CG&G's for inspiration, and I hope to be admitted to membership one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to sew with each other! I love that idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read on Kelly's blog that you two connected via Skype. A very interesting concept. Did you feel like you had to clean up the sewing room first?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan, Sounds like you and Kelly had a great time! Love your February projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you girls sure had fun. :) I like that runner pattern, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard about Skype but never tried it. Was your connection clear and did you two stay on for long intervals at a time? Very cool. Isn't modern technology amazing?

    One thing I don't understand and maybe you could help me - is Skype solely through your computer where you literally can see one another on your monitor?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just sew you know... I WON'T be leaving anytime soon ;)

    lol... I wish everyone could join but then we'd never keep up!

    I was thinking though, maybe we should make a CG&GQC blog through blogger where we (all 50 odd of us) could be authors... that way we could post there as well about our progress through-out the month... and I think we should have a CG&GCQ Flikr so we can upload our finished project pictures monthly and not have to visit every blog to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is AWESOME! Technology is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. applique is something I've never done, but I really hope to venture into it soon! I love the way that it looks, but I'm so intimidated :( Can't wait to see more of what you're working on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so loved Skyping with you Joan (can't wait til next time)! Thanks for sharing about the intent of the club -- friendships! I'm so pleased with how everyone has been connecting with each other! And, I've already told you, but I'll say it again -- I love that table runner!

    ReplyDelete