So here's how this tag works: I have to post 10 things about myself that my readers don't know about me -- but, are true.
This is the award Cheryl gave Kelly.
10 things about me ! So here goes....
1. I was thought at a very young age to love everyone and I can say I do not have any hatred for anyone. (I may dislike the actions of some people) but there is one bunch of people who would fit very well on my dislike list... the researchers who came up with the fact that exercise is good for you....I h a t e exercising. These people are very smart because they even cast a spell of guilt when I don't exercise, so every morning before dawn you can find me on the road with my 9 year old "Husky" Eecho. My bottom lip drags so much it's funny I never tripped over it!
2. I must say I enjoy swimming but there are conditions... it has to be in water that is not more than 5 feet deep ... that cancels oceans, lakes and deep ends and very warm. When I am in the pool it feels more like being in a spa than exercising.
3. Since the children are on their own I have learnt to take time for myself... regular massages, facials and pedicures... Manicures are out because sewing does havoc on a new manicure.
4.When I was in elementary school I was thought by nuns and admired their "Habit" so I thought it would be my calling to enter the convent and become a nun.... unitl I met this guy.. 5. I changed my career on the spot and substituted the "Habit" for a nursing uniform
6. On July 20Th 19-- Neil Armstrong made history and quoted his famous phrase .. one small step for man; one giant leap for mankind ..well one month later August 23rd I made a giant leap as I walked small steps to the alter and married my 4 year boyfriend.... what year was that?7.In 1984 I decided I needed a career change and I opened my own business.. A craft store.. Le Panier de Laine... (Translate into "Yarn Basket") It was a retail store for craft supplies specializing in yarns...and I would custom knit sweaters.
8. During this time Gerald became involved in Motorcycles as a Motorcycle safety instructor and of course I went for my license and owned my own motorcycle. I since traded it in for a 10 speed bicycle... oh gosh more exercise...even the gel seats are a pain!
9. I love all seasons... "winter" is probably top of my list of favourites... It has Christmas which I love...and then the storms which keeps me inside to sew.
The "fall" I love to travel because it is cooler and I love the fall foliage especially in places like the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton NS.
"Spring" is ok as things come back to life and I love to tend to the flower gardens, but we have a lot of rain and often a surprise snow fall (often in May) which here in NS they call it the farmer's fertilizer.
"Summer" I like everything about it when the weather co-operates but the bugs make me wish for winter!
August would be my favourite month and the busiest...It's our oldest daughter's wedding anniversary and youngest sister's birthday on August 2nd.-
our other daughter's wedding anniversary on the 5th
husbands' birthday on the 8th and now our son's wedding anniversary (wedding this year)-
Latest grand-daughter's birthday on the 20th...
Our anniversary and son-in-law's birthday on the 23rd
and our other son-in-law's birthday on the 26th
Now how is that for a month of August?....and in between there is the shopping for all the gifts! Whew...
What I enjoy most is celebrating all these events with the whole family together...
1o. I was born the year Newfoundland joined Canada-Confederation to become the 10th province. What year would that be?