Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Appreciate life to the fullest♥♥♥

How hard that is to do at times.....Only to be reminded when a challenging event strikes.
This week I said good-bye to one of my best friends.... At 57 years old one would tell us we have lots more to give on this earth but that was not the case for Judy... In her short life she gave it all...She was kind, never jealous, never begrudged anyone and all about LOVE! I guess the answer to why? is that Gods needs angels too.....
She was a "second" mother to our precious Amy.. whom she babysat from birth to the age of 13. and her last words were but a whisper to Amy" My sweetheart" .
I miss her terribly..


I take solace in my little quilting projects

Experimenting with my embroidery machine, I made some place mats for my sister Simone whom I am going to visit this week-end in Antigonish.

Then some pillow cases...and passing on to the next generation the skill of making projects that will surely please "mommy" on valentine's day... A pillow case.

Ariane and Laurène came and they made each a pillow case for mom and dad. What a spectacular day for a "grand-mère" to experience.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I'm 57, and I'm not ready to go, yet!! When you go to Antigonish, do stop by Harbor Quilts right there on Main St. She has some awesome wallhangings that she's designed. I have my eye on one!! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart and thoughts are with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am saddened by the loss of such a giving lady. I read her obituary, and I could tell that she was a much loved person who gave unselfishly of her time and talents. This evening, Joan, I am anxious to hear that you have arrived home safely from Antigonish. The computer pictures of the highway looked very slippery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences go out to all of her family and friends, to young. big hugs

    ReplyDelete