Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Saturday, August 11, 2012

On V A C A T I O N

A very trustworthy driver...
Credentials:  he was a Drivers' Ed teacher for 25 years 
Cross over to Prince Edward Island
A must have, while on the Island... Cows Ice Cream
The air conditioning sign was also very inviting!

And now I begin my trip to "Quilters Heaven"

Before we left Gerald sat down and mapped out all the quilts shops  available  on our route.
What a guy!
His favourite saying "I married a quilter"
First stop..
 


The Quilt Gallery in   O"Leary PEI
On to the Fabric Outlet 
  The Quilting  B &More. I am certain everyone has a shop they favor... This is the one I would put on my list of favourite.  


What beautiful projects.!

Ideas galore for new projects.. so many to choose from...
Some of my shopping bags...
with quilt fabric, notions and patterns.
Our trip was fun and Gerald did get to read a whole book while waiting for me in the quilt shops.
Back home sweet home  and off to the sewing room ...ah!!! which project will I do first???

3 comments:

  1. Our wonderful husbands - what would we do without them?!? Sounds like you had a great time, and what fun to do so much shopping. CAn't wait to see what comes out of those bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you lucky girl!! A friend and I were contemplating a trip over to PEI and all I could think of were the quilt shops!! Alas, we decided not to go as time was not on our side. Glad you had fun!! Your husband is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous vacation! My dh isn't trained nearly as well as yours. But he does always have a book in the car for 'emergency' stops! e-mail me sometime.

    ReplyDelete