Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Monday, January 18, 2010

Storm Day

The schools were closed because of a blizzard and therefore my programs are cancelled; which allowed me a sewing day and to finish my "Roses Are Red" by Jan Patek..in the Rouenneries. All that needs to happen is the quilting which I will do by machine.
And I have also decided what I am going to make for our sewing day party on Saturday with this valentine fabric. Using this pattern...... "Stars of my Heart" from the Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting January/February 2009 issue. I am going to make one block and make it in a table topper.
I have enough fabric so I will also make some placemats for my Valentine's Day dinner table.
From the RSVP list I have seen .. "What A Party!" it's going to be!

8 comments:

  1. Oooh. I love the design and fabics you have selected. Can't wait to see your quilt. I'm also looking forward to sewing with you at the Valentine Sewing Party!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "Roses Are Red" quilt is lovely, Joan! So glad you got an extra day to sew. And, I love your Valentine fabric -- can't wait to spend the day sewing with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A snow day...an extra day to sew...YIPPEE! Love your Roses are Red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Roses are Red" is beautiful! Your fabric choice is perfect!! Oh my, I like it so much!!

    Will look forward to seeing your Saturday creation and also look forward to seeing you there! Sounds like a party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something good comes from a storm day. Your quilt project is coming along so nicely! Good fabric choice for sure. I have not purchased any of it but love everything I see made with that line of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is going to be pretty. I hope I can make it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roses Are Red is beautiful. I love the red and white combination. Makes the quilts look very rich.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joan, Awesome project for the party! I plan to join in. I'll be making a wall hanging and some treat bags.

    ReplyDelete