Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pillow talk....

More like pillow week. 
My embroidery machine went to the Doc; more like the hospital for a while and I had this design but with my machine sick it was put on hold. Amy and Émilie have a Shih Tzu and now that  Bernina is all better I got to make.......  
 A cushion for 
 Miss Amy with Levi approving 
and one for Miss Émilie 

 I have on my to-do list this quilt called
Diamonds and Pearl; Design by Early May Enterprises. 
I was a little apprehensive about starting it so I decided to make a cushion for practice. I think I will go ahead now with the quilt. It is hard to see the design but it is all made with Metallic thread and decorated with pearls and beads . On this pillow I put crystals . 
 I love how the embroidery design is encased in the cathedral window. 
I can't forget to make a pillow for Miguel 
 His birthday is in April so
 The teddy holds the April birthstone

I finished my 
 Valentine Apron.. 

Last Saturday was the Junior workshop at the guild .
This was the material used for the project.
Yes, jean pockets.. lots of jean pockets  
 They had lots to choose from to 

make a wall hanging organizer  

This was a fun project organized and presented by members Carmen and Nicole. 
This winter is proving to be very active and the snow storms have scheduled themselves all on Wednesday, cancelling the guild meeting for three weeks now. I bet there are lots of gorgeous projects being made in the cozy sewing studios of our members. "Show and Tell" should be very interesting when we get back together. 
This is Canada with its Canadian winter. ♥   

1 comment:

  1. Sew busy! Your projects are all beautiful, the cathedral windows quilt will be stunning. I am picturing it stitched in dupioni silk...Your embroidery machine certainly gets a good workout!

    ReplyDelete