Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The B I G number is soon approaching

"60", "Sixty", "Soixante" no matter how I write it's a big number! I must admit this week has been unbelievable as far as making the the switch to another digit number easier. On Sunday we went to my friends Eva and Louis' for dinner and as soon as we had cleared the table of the Entrée leftovers, she brought in this cake with the "60" candle. They are not going to be around this week-end (they are going Moose hunting in Cape Breton N.S.) so they wanted to celebrate the B I G event!
The cake...a carrot cake with Cream Cheese Icing... yum!

Then a gift for a quilter! Christmas fat quarters .. perfect for a table topper I want to make....
I love mail ! Monday I received this birthday card and a lovely prayer card from my cousine, Terrie.. Sister Terrie that is... She is a nun in New York...

Tuesday my subscription came in... great pattern ideas!
and my book order from Chapters....
Then Wednesday ... what a surprise... from my friend Kelly... oh! I love the pattern...
Kelly and I had coffee(Via e-mail) every morning this week.. connecting and sharing with friends makes everything OK ... even unwanted birthdays!Thursday an envelope from my sister, Simone....
These gorgeous coasters she made with Kansas Troubles...and better still she is going to show me how they are made when we get together for our "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" Workshop in October!
Now this package was exciting.... so I decide to wait and open it when we can connect on the phone. (Simone lives at the other end of the Province in Antigonish)
Oh! I love to chat with "Sis"

Wow! 14kt two tone earings! Sixty isn't so bad after all!
Counting my blessings is what I am going to focus on because there have been and still are many to count; now that is a B I G number! ♥♥♥

4 comments:

  1. You are very blessed with so many friends and family to join in celebrating your 60th! And they understand your passion for quilting- even better!! I am about 4.5 years from that one, but I understand your mixed feelings...Happy Birthday, and DO celebrate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JOOOOOAAAANNN!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

    I knew you were a libra and was wondering when your birthday was...well, now I know. May the new year be filled with wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful gifts for your birthday. Being 60 really isn't so bad (62). I have more time to quilt. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete