Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Road trip on a gorgeous day

Par-en-Bas ..with a carload of friends
Lots of laughs, quilting talks and oh! yes good food... 
Clara, Anna, Barb,  Christina and Moi ventured to 
St Anne du Ruisseau Quilt show! 
 Anna admires the quilts and picks her favorite 
 This one was very special .. the appliqué flowers are very unique. 
 The quilting in this one was super
 I am attracted to tree quilt patterns and this one caught my eye... 
 Having just worked on Bargellos at the guild this one was impressive to everyone. 
 The quilting Oh la la ! 
 The photo did not capture its beauty 
 I am always attracted to scrap quilts. 
 Oh and stars ... I love the stars 
 The perfect color combination and the quilting Wow!  
 Again the photo does not capture all the work that went in this YoYo quilt 
 Black and White quilts rank high on my list of favorites 
 Isn't this a beautiful star? 
 Anyone for crazy quilt? Gorgeous. 
 and we get to chat with our Par-en-Bas friends.. 
 Virginia one of the organizers 

 The embroidery on this quilt was super and so perfect! 
 The girls were impressed with these table runners and hinted they would like to make these.. 
 Mariners Compass always one of my favorite
 Did I say I liked stars 
More stars.

 Then we move upstairs to the Guild's club and "Yes" we found the quilters... 
 Just beautiful... 
 all flying geese 
and another one in the corner... 

 We move on and go to the other quilt show in Pubnico 
More quilts, more beauties...  quilt shows are a pot of gold to a quilter. 
These had ribbons on them .. so were "juried"  
 Mini Quilts were winners also
 Cute 
 One of my favorite 
 Paul entertains with his music
 The church is packed 
 More stars
 Color combination.... perfect
 and more stars 
 More bargello
 Appliqué caught my eye 
 Lovely
 This sits highly on my list of favorites.Postage stamp. 
 Simple and lovely
 Another Mariner's compass 
 Little spools of thread 
 Different curves 
 Oh J'aime 
 It may be crazy but it's beautiful 
 The girls .. Anna, Christina, Barb, and Clara 
 This one was unique with its star made with prairie points  
red in a quilt is always eye catching


After a day with so many inspirations I always get home with ideas for projects galore.. 
But I have to be realistic and go to the UFO basket 
 The July block is a priority 
and here it is........... Yummy watermelon. 

I am very busy at  this time getting all the t's crossed and i's dotted for our quilt show due to begin July 27th.   

4 comments:

  1. What a great write-up, Joan - thank you for taking the time to post so many pictures. It was a pleasure to visit the shows with you, Anna,Clara, Barb, and Christina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not you were with us all day. When we talk quilts we talk Karen Neary. About the Diamonds Are a girls Best Friend, about the free motion and the Fibre Arts Festival in Amherst all these discussion made for a pleasant drive.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing all this beauty, Joan. It's always so much to attend a quilt show with quilty friends. I'm going to one next week, and I can't wait! I'm really trying hard to get better at quilting, so I plan to concentrate on studying how other people choose to quilt their projects. Oh - and maybe visit the vendors?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it ours in Saulnierville that you're visiting ? Some day I am certain I will see you walk in the doors of the church Lol . It is so much fun to visit quilt shows with a bunch of ladies who quilt. We have so much to share. Hugs.. Enjoy your show.

      Delete