Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Last vacation day!

Today is my last day on vacation and as I look back on the work I accomplished in the last few days I am very satisfied. Also I am going to work with a feeling of gratitude for having a good job that I enjoy. Kelly asked me if I was ready to retire ( which could have happened in October 2009) and I had to think for a bit, but not long, because I enjoy my work and knowing I can submit my resignation anytime makes it more enjoyable. I am there because I want to and not because I have to.

When I am working I like to have projects lined up so I can work on them as the time permits. At the sewing machine when I have lots of time, small projects when I have just a few minutes and of course lap work when I need to just sit. Having said that, here is what I organized for my return to work.

First off you all remember my "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend" project by Karen Neary?
Well over Christmas I kept thinking how I wish I had made it into a tree skirt(which I needed badly) so yesterday with lots of courage and shaky hands I took the cutter and made the cut for a tree skirt..

the binding needs to be hand sewn and that is one of my lap projects I can do in the early am.

The next project "Heritage Square Quilt" by Miss Rosie...my sister, Simone, gave me


is the one that I will sew a few blocks at a time. This one requires the use of my machine so it will probably be the one I work on in the early evenings and it will be a long term project!

The next project is also one that requires my machine. This is the one I had submitted a few months ago for my CGQC project and never got around to doing it.

"Star Trip" by Jan Patek in the "Cranberry Wishes" which I call a no brainer and this one I am doing because want to try my skill at machine quilting. And to help me out I am reading..
Which I find very informative... but then these expert make it sound so easy!

Next project is the "Roses are Red" pattern another one by Jan Patek and I am making it with the French General "Rouenneries" ,

This has appliqués and it will be another lap work piece for when I settle down to watch a good show or even the Olympics in February ...This is the one I want to try my luck at hand quilting.

And the last piece I prepared is...(drum roll and/or fireworks) YES!! my Birchwoodlane house is


ready for binding and that will be another project I can do in my easy chair!

So am I ready to go back to work? Yes and no...but there will always be that excitement at the end of my day to come home to my projects / oh.. and of course my ♥husband♥

6 comments:

  1. You have a lot planned for this month...I did the same thing...I always think I can do more than I actually can. Oh well, the Charming Girls Club is such an inspiration to keep on going. I have accomplished so much since joining. Good luck with your projects and say 'hi' to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your last day,and yes, you are very lucky to have a job that not only you enjoy, but can resign at anytime...Good luck with all those projects- they are all going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are enjoying your last day...I like all your projects you have lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your vacation was such a good one...what a great Charming Girl list you have. Charming Girl's has just been the most wonderful thing...I've gotten so much more done since Kelly started this for us. Thanks so much for all your help with it too. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on having the nerve to cut the tree skirt, Joan - that takes courage!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great projects, Miss Joan! I just don't know how you fit it all in! Glad you had a great vacation, and are ready to head back to work. Quilting and a great hubby to come home to -- ya can't beat that!!!!

    ReplyDelete