Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back to work and somes finishes

Worked a bit longer last evening than I normally do but I did get some projects finished before heading out to work today.
My "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" is now Diamond Tree Skirt... as much as it was stressful to cut it, I now look forward to spreading it out next Christmas at the bottom of my tree.

Next......Ta DA!
My "Birchwoodlane House" by Suzanne McNeil from her book is all done... and I would put in my "favorites" category.
Every project I have made with a Holly Taylor lines go to the top of the list.

The house with a little appliqué ....


And of course Agnes' superb hand quilting which she demonstrated with the hearts she quilted in the border to match the heart on the house.




Check out Kate Spain's giveaway



Visit Kate's blog and to win this beautiful fabric
all you have to do is leave a quote that is inspirational to youfor example my quote: When I walk in a room I don't say'" look at me"; but rather " there you are"!


All the entries so far are great ! Check them out. A good read!

7 comments:

  1. OMG you are so brave...I would have been scared to death to cut that beautiful quilt. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that beautiful tree skirt...It is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow your Birchwoodlane Quilt is beautiful. I will have to check out the pattern :-) Does she have a web site?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Joan. Those are SO PRETTY! The Birchwood Lane quilt would go in my favorites, too! I wish I lived closer so you could teach me to applique (sigh)! Love the tree skirt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both- you were very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt and tree skirt! How fun to get things done! :-) Congrat's on finishes! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your 'house'! It turned out so beautiful. I'm going to have to get that book.

    ReplyDelete