Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What have I been up to?

Update... I finished my houses for the "Heritage Square" Now I sew on the sashing....
The New Year always makes me want to organize my sewing so when I was ironing and sorting pieces of fabric in my leftover bins, I decided I was going to use all my leftover fabric as soon as I finished a project; well in keeping with that decision I used the leftovers from my "Star Trip".
for this table runner. A "This and That" pattern "Days Gone By"
with appliqué.
I am surprised I am able to type this post because my fingers are SOOOOO sore from hand quilting. I guess you work at it until they get calloused... I will persevere because I really want to master this. It is a fun "lap" project to do. As for the manicure... forget it!

9 comments:

  1. Just lovely Joan- you do love your table runners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your table runner. You are doing a great job!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The houses look great! And I love the table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your table runner, those are the colors that I am using right now in quilts for my 3 nieces.
    Also, Love your music!!! Gave me quite a lift.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the house blocks! And I can't wait to see the runner with the applique done. It's going to be really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joan your projects are beautiful. I just love love the houses

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great houses! And I love your table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I am a big house block fan and these are great. Your runner is going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love those house blocks! And, I love the table runner! What a way to use up those scraps. You're amazing, Joan!

    ReplyDelete