Ouvrages d'une Acadienne

Ouvrages d'une Acadienne
Expo-Couverte Quilt Show

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday and all is well!

It's Saturday, it's winter and the snow trickles down ... the perfect day to sew in my "Socks To Stay Home In" ( Gift from a very close friend) and my pj"s. The groceries have been picked up, "Jay" settles down in the TV Room to watch curling and I in my sewing room.... My socks are already broken in .... If you look carefully you will see there is already few threads accumulated on my toes...
I settle in to work on my projects I finish the stars for my "Hertiage Square" by Miss Rosie's
Then I turn to my other project... "Star Trip" by Jan Patek in the "Cranberry Wishes" by Kansas Troubles.
And I finish that one.....
It's sandwiched....

And in the hoop ready for me to try my luck at hand quilting!
This is a project you probably won't see for a while because I anticipate I will be stitching well into the winter and maybe spring.
I decided to try the hoop rather than the frames because everyone tells me it is easier to manage. We'll see!

7 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great! I love the snow, but at this point can't live where it snows plus I am not used to driving in it any longer. I love handquilting but only do it on very small projects since it does take a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your socks Joan! Enjoy the hand quilting :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW....I like that Star Trip. Good job on your blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those stars are beautiful! & I like the picture of your socks! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Joan -- lovely projects as always! Such pretty star blocks, and I love the one you're hand quilting! How is it going?? Do you like it so far??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joan, just read your blog to catch up on things. As always your projects are lovely. My schedule has kept me from blogging for several weeks now. Every spare minute I had I tried to get to my sewing room. Just wanted to wish you and your family a blessed New Year and let you know that you are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete